sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

Comment about the feedback I received during my presentation

To have received feedback from my classmates (Gonzalo Chavez, Karla Clemente and Walter Contreras) and especially from the teacher Edgar is something that will help me to improve my language skills, to improve the way I behave when I am teaching and to be aware and self-correct when I mistake.

Well, my presentation was about “how to teach pronunciation” by the way it was in-group of three and I worked with Oscar Jeronimo and Adolfo Bermudez (I guess we were a good team!)During the presentation, I had to talk about tips on how to approach the pronunciation issue.It last almost seven minutes, then I had to do a microteaching, and at last, I received the next feedback:
In my strength, the judges said that I was enthusiastic, self-confident, use of mood attentions, involved the whole class, and that I kept eye contact.
In my challenges, the judges said that I have to slow down my speaking skill in order to be able to self-monitor to avoid mispronunciation problems. One of them said that I looked too serious while I was presenting (I didn’t notice about it, but I can say that I really enjoyed it), also he said that at the beginning I looked like if I was dancing! To hear that made me feel embarrassed.
In the microteaching, they said that I had to model what I asked my Ss to do for them to have a clear understanding of what they had to do. And I totally agreed with this because teacher must always be a model.

The teacher told me that I have improved my pronunciation; however, he told me that I made some mispronunciation mistakes. You know this is the main reason why I’m afraid of becoming a teacher, because my Ss will reproduce what I teach them. But I know that if I put into practice the feedback that I received, my pronunciation will start to improve.

So what I have to do from now on is to take into account these feedbacks, I know it’ll help me improve the things that I need to overcome. What will be more difficult for me to overcome is to slow down the way I speak because it is by nature that I speak very fast, but since I feel the need to improve my pronunciation I will start putting into practice this tips.

Thank you for your feedbacks, and believe me that they were welcome in my life and for sure, I’ll put them into practice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario